Custom URI schemes & KDE

David Faure faure at kde.org
Fri Dec 30 15:13:54 GMT 2005

On Friday 30 December 2005 16:13, Frans Englich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some KDE applications needs custom URI schemes. One such is KMyMoney, as
> discussed kde-devel some time ago. Gentle Internet citizen as we are we cannot
> simply make up schemes because of the interoperability problems it would lead

I don't get it.
Either the custom URL is purely internal to the application - and then it really doesn't matter
much what it uses, since it can't clash with another application's internal custom URLs -
or the URL is used to actually load the files using KIO, and then we need a normal-looking
protocol to get the associated kioslave, not a "tag:kde.org,2004:KMyApplication" protocol.
What do I miss?