Standard gettext PO format

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Thu Dec 29 11:44:25 GMT 2005

>> [: Chusslove Illich :]
>> I couldn't really implement gettext defaults; it uses those setlocale()
>> and binddomain() calls, providing its own resolution of paths to
>> catalogs,
>
> [: Nicolas Goutte :]
> But isn't things that KDE has to do in one way or another too?

The way KDE does it is somewhat different. For example there is that
possibility that user can select more languages by priority, so that
message doesn't immediately fall back to English if translation is not
found in the topmost language. Priority of environment variables also
differ.

I'll inquire on Translation-i18n about the possibility of telling Gettext
exactly which catalog (as in .mo file) to use for next *gettext call, and
than see if I can make something out of it.

> If you have that (even if not completely finsihed), please add it to
> branches/work/kde4-l10n/scripts

Done (kdepo2std.pl).

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)