Fwd: [kde] Possible GPL violation by Armorware inc

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Dec 9 16:49:24 GMT 2005

On Friday 09 December 2005 15:54, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this just came in on the main user mailinglist.
> Not sure if core-devel is the right place to forward this to. Please send
> it on if it isn't.

Well there's nothing stopping anyone selling knoppix cd's for $495 if
someone's daft enough to pay it... as long as they don't then disguise the
product and hide its origin.

> Looks like a nice product, might be worth a look for the marketing guys.

Looks like a nice product??? Which bit?

The user manual you linked, apart from looking like an amateur howto knocked
up by someone in 15 minutes (for a 495 product?), seems to imply that you
setup a "secure channel" through some armorware.net server to then read your
email and access the internet. How the hell is that more secure? If that
isn't the case then what exactly is this "secure channel" that's been
created? Doesn't seem to explain that anywhere.

Looks like a smoke - mirrors - magic pixie dust - FUD - marketing gimmick to
me, rather than a "nice product".