XSETTINGS spec

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 12:27:05 GMT 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 18:24, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > I tried to explain that in my previous email, but apparently failed.
> > The document fails to specify what gains this technology will bring.
> > So there is nothing to discuss.
>
> It does? I thought that when a first sentence says "The intent of this
> specification is to specify a mechanism to allow the configuration of
> settings such as double click timeout, drag-and-drop threshold, and
> default foreground and background colors for all applications running
> within a desktop." it kinda does that.

The mechanism is not something the HCI group should be bothered with, and
I can tell you right now that the general ideas this technology will make
possible will all be supported by the HCI group.
That support, however, says nothing over the viability of this technology.
Just that the HCI people does not object to solving this specific
problem.

--
Thomas Zander