Why KOrganizer is unusably slow in 3.5?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Dec 6 20:25:01 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 15:20, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I just did an strace starting kontact (in kmail) and clicking on
> korganizer and quitting as soon as its showing my appointments.
> The above grep actually gives me 0 (zero)  (note that kdelibs is compiled
> without debug info here)
>
> I'd suggest a clean install and also trying things like disabling all
> groupware-resources in either kmail or korganizer.
>
> Oh, and disabling all groups in kdebugdialog may help, if you have not
> already though of that.

  I've found at least one problem, and afaik, this should be affecting
everyone.  The problem is clearly that I have a lot more data than everyone
else.  Or everyone else has a far faster computer than me.  The bug is in
KOrganizer and I'll commit the fix when it's done.  It was constantly
reloading the entire addressbook for every single event in my calendar.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/