Why KOrganizer is unusably slow in 3.5?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Dec 6 20:20:29 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 06 December 2005 20:17, George Staikos wrote:
> I sent this to kde-pim@ and no response, so let's try here.  KOrganizer
> in 3.5 is completely unusable for me.  I have seen others using it
> without problem so it must be something special about my setup.  I use
> 3.5 branch, and this is a relatively new thing to happen.  Basically
> any operation in KOrganizer is very very slow.  Changing month, etc...
> Even opening KOrganizer takes 20-30 seconds sometimes!  Here is what
> happens when I strace opening KOrganizer from within kontact for the
> first time:
>
> $ grep "^open" korg.strace | grep kdeglobals | wc -l
> 501
> $

I just did an strace starting kontact (in kmail) and clicking on
korganizer and quitting as soon as its showing my appointments.
The above grep actually gives me 0 (zero)  (note that kdelibs is compiled
without debug info here)

I'd suggest a clean install and also trying things like disabling all
groupware-resources in either kmail or korganizer.

Oh, and disabling all groups in kdebugdialog may help, if you have not
already though of that.
--
Thomas Zander