KDE 3.5.1 and 3.6

Carsten Niehaus cniehaus at kde.org
Mon Dec 5 18:31:32 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 5. Dezember 2005 19:19 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
>  However, on the other hand, let's say I have here few KDE patches that
> together with the font performance fixes make KDE startup take roughly the
> same amount of time like Xfce and leave GNOME a bit behind. They'll be in
> trunk soon, but I have this feeling some people might like to use them
> sooner than in a year even without using SUSE packages. And I wouldn't mind
> getting more testing for them or seeing such patches from other people.
> What should I do with them?

Well, *if* they work and are stable, I wouldn't mind seeing them in KDE 3.5.x.
This is not even a 'real' feature if I understand you correctly. KDE is doing
the same thing: It starts, only faster. I would agree if you'd add them in
the 3.5-branch, but only after they are in trunk and got some feedback, of
course.

Carsten