Setting up a KDE Jabber Server

Martin Ellis martin.ellis at kdemail.net
Tue Aug 30 13:50:25 BST 2005

On Tuesday 30 Aug 2005 13:19, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> jabber.org  server is not a good server for normal use.  It is very busy,
> somtimes down.  So it's not recommanded to use it, but everyone use it
> because it is, for now, a kind of delault.
>
> that's a point of a kde jabber server,  give kopete user a better default

Kopete provides a whole list of public Jabber servers when you click
Register New Account.

For nearly all users, their KDE locale settings are going to represent the
rough whereabouts in the world, so why not suggest a public server
local to the user by default?

Certainly the UK one I'm using doesn't seem overloaded.

Martin