Redefining kdelibs and kdebase

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Sun Aug 28 21:48:42 BST 2005

Am Sonntag, 28. August 2005 21:57, schrieb Simon Hausmann:
> This is not about restricting our apps, it's about opening up our platform
> to embrace more applications.

To repeat myself from previous discussions here:
Be careful, do not overdue in this direction. Some say this is part of the
famous approach OS/2 took, embracing W*ndows, thus having all people to
develop for W*ndows as this way their programs would run on both platforms.
Newer W*ndows features naturally appeared first, you guess, in W*ndows, so
OS/2 was quickly behind. The end of the story is known.

You do want to get people to code for KDE, don't you? So think more about how
KDE apps can run on more platforms, not so much the other way round. Konqui
rules more than F*refox, doesn't it?

My dirty 2 cent on this topic
Friedrich