Redefining kdelibs and kdebase

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Aug 27 12:08:13 BST 2005

On Saturday 27 August 2005 12:30, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> The idea is to run the file dialog, print dialog, etc. out of process.

Out of process sounds like it won't be possible to add any kind of customized
widget, like KFileDialog::setPreviewWidget

I think KDEPrint dialogs allow something like this as well.

While I am pretty sure that most developer use the static convenience method
of the class I remember a discussion with a Qt-only developer who said he
can't use QFileDialog's static methods (thus loose the native dialogs on
Window/OS X) because the application needs some control over the preview or
something similar.

Cheers,
Kevin
--