kde-games package removal proposal

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Tue Aug 23 12:54:14 BST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 19:50, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Leo Savernik wrote:
> >Then let's set the entrance barrier higher for *future* applications.
> > Removing those that have already found their way into KDE will break
> > KDE for all people who have grown accustomed to those.
>
> It already is. Maybe you want it higher, I don't know.
>
> All new applications are now developed in playground (or elsewhere), but
> must undergo a mandatory period in kdereview where translators start
> working, documentation is written, UI is checked and the build is fixed
> for everyone. An example for that is kgeography: I tested it as soon as
> it made to kdereview, and provided a report on how I thought the i18n was
> broken.

Then I really hope that the current practice is only an exception for KDE 3.5,
due to the hurried freezes. Because having an application only for a few
days/weeks in kdereview has also inconveniences (as for example tracking
translations).

For me, KGeography is one example where the kdereview system has failed.
KGeography was already in kdeedu but the need of a discussion about its
translatability was still existing (even if the thread on kde-i18n-doc got
way off-topic).

Have a nice day!

(...)