kde-games package removal proposal

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 22 16:08:18 BST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 02:55, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Am Montag, 22. August 2005 08:29 schrieb Andras Mantia:
> >> If it's about porting to KDE4, I will take care if nobody else does.
> >
> > Really, we shouldn't have two games of the same game play. The only thing
> > I see different between ksame and klickety is the animation in ksame.
>
> Might be, but what I see is that klickety doesn't have a pleasant UI like
> ksame.

and i'd say exactly the opposite.

this is the problem with deciding what is and is not shipped with KDE by
personal preference and meandering discussion. this is, i believe, something
we must change within the project because right now one person who is a
valued contributor but who has unique tastes and opinions can completely
hamstring the project. obviously a game isn't that big of a deal in the long
run, but this exchange does show what is wrong when it comes to module
maintenance, or lack thereof, in KDE right now.

the gateway for code *into* KDE is wide open, but the gateway out is almost
impossible to traverse. this is a very poorly balanced set of guidelines.
it's bad enough for applications and modules (c.f. this thread) and it's
crippling for libraries.

--
Aaron J. Seigo