kde-games package removal proposal

Danny Allen dannya40uk at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 13:23:32 BST 2005

Dirk: please CC me this time! :)

Usually, tetris clone games follow the gameplay of the standard tetris game,
as tetris is a mathematically-proven puzzle - tetris works as a game.
KSmileTris seems to have deviated from this standard to invent its own
gameplay style - unfortunately, this attempt has not been successful. As I
say, the whole KSmileTris game doesn't make sense from a gameplay
perspective.

I disagree that KSmileTris "does what it is supposed to do" - unless its aim
is to both frustrate and damage the eyesight of the user :)

I also disagree that "half of the existing options don't even work".
At least in a default state, KSirtet is a playable game.

Whilst I agree that KSirtet has problems of its own (poor networking, etc), I
think that the first step to improving the kdegames module as a whole is
removing the absolutely terrible applications. This is why I propose that we
remove KSmileTris.

Danny