A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Aug 17 09:04:25 BST 2005

El Sábado 13 Agosto 2005 13:01, Sébastien Laoût escribió:
> Le Vendredi 12 Août 2005 15:31, Luciano Montanaro a écrit :
> > I have done some work that may be related to this, I sent a message to
> > the list some time ago, probably at the wrong time, since I got no
> > answer on it at all:
> >
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=111729049927039&w=2
> >
> > It is a patch that makes the KSelect and KXYSelect widget use the theme
> > engine to draw the borders. Maybe it could be useful to apply it too,
> > since the KColor chooser is being reworked.

Sorry for the late reply, I have been in vacation for a couple of days.

> Oh, very great!
> I also pested about the non-standard borders of those widgets.
> I second this.
> Would be good if the patches were merged in SVN!
>
> By the way, there is another odd-looking widget: KDualColorButton.
> Could you correct it too?

I suppose so, if it's ok with the core developers.
And then there is kseparator.

> I will look in QStyle if there is a specific border style for
> combobox-popups... Since I'm just drawing a foreground-color rectangle
> for the moment...
>
> Perhapse SC_ComboBoxListBoxPopup.
> But I don't know how to retreive the frame size.

I wouldn't be too fancy here. I'd use a variant of PE_Panel, this give an
opportunity for the theme to tweak small things, and can look pretty near
the original anyway.

Feel free to try yourself, I'm not sure I'll have time to work on this too
soon.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro       //