Proposal: Virtual Folders with IOSlaves and Their Usage

Teemu Rytilahti tpr at d5k.net
Mon Aug 15 01:44:18 BST 2005

Alexander Neundorf kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai 14 elokuu 2005
19:47):
> How about using KStdDirs or something like this for this purpose ? I don't
> think adding more ioslaves for normal local files is a good idea.

I'm not the original author, but I've been thinking to add something like that
into KDE. Those dirs (music, movies, photos, and maybe other?) could be
changed from paths kcm and those standard folders could be used, let's say,
in home kioslave and perhaps in kfiledialogs of right type of applications.

What do you think about this idea? The home kioslave thing would be something
like "My audio files", "My movie files" and so on in MS Windows.

--
Best regards,
Teemu Rytilahti