Office/ and Utilities/ menu reorganization

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 13 21:02:52 BST 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 13:39, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> As far as I know it is only since Stephan kulow became the release
> manager that it was clearly stated that it was the task of the
> application maintainers (and anyway there is a very easy way to avoid
> to increase the version number by using KDE's version number.)

Which will cause bogus version numbers (and thus wrong bug reports) if
someone compiles an application against another KDE version. This will
often happen when people want to try a newer development version of an
application but want to stay with the stable kdelibs. In fact, that's
what most kdepim developers do nowadays (until aKademy when we'll have
to bleed again *sigh*). I just thought I mention this because I also
regularly forget to increase the version number, then thought I could
probably simply use the (minor) KDE version number and then realized
that this isn't such a good idea.

Just my 2¢.

Regards,
Ingo