A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Sat Aug 13 12:01:16 BST 2005

Le Vendredi 12 Août 2005 10:58, Hans Meine a écrit :
> I have: In the M$ Internet Explorer,
> [...]

In fact I also seen this sort of resizable combobox-popup.
In was in Visual Basic, or something in an IDE that allow auto-completion.

> Err, maybe not more "details", but if you have e.g. a very high DPI
> display, you might want to increase the size of the color patches to better
> decide about them.

With high DPI display, I think users set fonts to be bigger.
And if they don't, it's because they like small fonts, so having small
plain-color rectangles wouldn't harm they, I think (since the size of the
patches is proportionnal to the font size, big font size for high DPI display
is sinomym of big color-patches for those displays).

I would want to Keep it Simple.
Both for the user and in the code.
And resizing would be needed to be incremental: if there are 13 patches, the
resizing should be of +/- 13pixels, to add or remove exactly 1 pixel per
patch each time and keep them equaly sized.
Or if we allow all patches to don't have the same size it could perhapse lead
to not-so-beautiful result (or perhapse not).

I think I willn't allow resizing, since there are a lot of other things to
solve before.
But if a bug is later reported about it I will implement it.

Best regards,
Sébastien Laoût.