A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Fri Aug 12 09:58:03 BST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 20:26, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> > Just as an idea: If everyone likes different sizes for the color patches,
> > what about making the combobox resizable and don't let more fields appear
> > but just let them grow?  Ideally, the changed size should be stored as a
> > KDE-wide preference then IMHO.
>
> Hum... this is a combobox.
> I never seen any combobox that are resizable.
I have: In the M$ Internet Explorer, a friend once wanted to enter an email
address (IIRC).  However, the drop-down box was too small to hold the full
address, and he needed to look at the ends which were hidden but the only
part that differed.  I was about to bitch about an unusable M$ GUI, when he
found that the drop-down list had a resize handle and everything was fine.
I liked that a lot!

> And it display a palette of colors, so resizing it does not provide more
> details.
Err, maybe not more "details", but if you have e.g. a very high DPI display,
you might want to increase the size of the color patches to better decide
about them.

Of course, you're right, it's "[just] a combobox", but I still..it would be
nice to have. :-)

Ciao,
  Hans