Replacement for KFax

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Aug 11 22:36:24 BST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 06:27, Wilfried Huss wrote:
> I know this is a little late for KDE 3.5, but would it be ok to remove
> KFax. KViewShell (also in the kdegraphics module) has now the
> ability to open FAX-files, and I think it would be a good replacement.

assuming that kfax really is generally unmaintained / not actively worked on
i'd be all for this. kfax doesn't seem to be all that sophisticated, it's
just a viewer, and kviewshell certainly has more features and 2 active
developers to boot.

what sort of user documentation will be provided for kviewshell for those
wishing to work with faxes? that's really about all i can see being at issue
here ... though perhaps i've missed something

--
Aaron J. Seigo