Office/ and Utilities/ menu reorganization

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Thu Aug 11 21:27:40 BST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 19:28, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10. August 2005 22:11, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > >
> > > I would really hope they are not, especially if that developer wants to
> > > make his development work available to the public.
> > >
> > > I honestly believe that a developer should know how to make a release
> > > of his software before he joins the open source/free software circuit.
> > > And it doesn't get much easier than with KDE's buildsystem either.
> >
> > Well, we have already not many new developers.
>
> Uhm.. what?! I somehow must have missed this sudden stagnation in new KDE
> software.

So were is the new developer for for examples man:, ftp:, fish: (the list is
far from being exhaustive).

Or where are additional developers for KBabel or for KWord for examples?

> > It is already quite a
> > problem to appoint a new developer as a new maintainer.
>
> Oh, wait, you mean from the developer crowd that doesn't do their own
> releases. Well, that's quite the circular argument now, isn't it. :-)

Assuming you want to kick out KFloppy for example, it means that the poor new
developer who would take the work on KFloppy would not only became a
developer and the new maintainer but would also need to be the release
manager of KFloppy. So the probability is clearly near 0.

Have a nice day!