KDE Edu & KDE4

Matthias Welwarsky matze at stud.fbi.fh-darmstadt.de
Thu Aug 11 13:37:24 BST 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 13:56, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> On Thursday 11 August 2005 13:08, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> > Well, I also don't think that size is a problem here, but I do think
> > that the EDU project, too, should think about factoring out some of
> > the applications in separate entities, to allow for an extragear-like
> > packaging.
>
> Isn't that completely up to the kdeedu people? They do a great job with
> this module. I don't think people here are in a position to tell them
> how they should release their software.

???

Of course I am totally free to suggest that they use an alternative method of
releasing their software if I think it's appropriate, and it is not up to you
to tell me otherwise. I can even try to persuade them to do so as long as I
don't try to boss them.

regards,
	matthias

--
From the 'Handbook of Corporate Slang':

- to protect prior investment (phrase):
    describes the inability to revert a wrong decision made
    in the past, expresses willingness of throwing
    good money after bad. (q.v. Fiorina, C.)