Replacement for KFax

Wilfried Huss Wilfried.Huss at gmx.at
Tue Aug 9 13:27:38 BST 2005

Hi,

I know this is a little late for KDE 3.5, but would it be ok to remove
KFax. KViewShell (also in the kdegraphics module) has now the
ability to open FAX-files, and I think it would be a good replacement.

KFax is probably unmaintained and it is quite crashprone.
It also has a horrible user interface.

If kfax is removed, I could create a wrapper executable around kviewshell, so
for the users not much would change. KViewShell doesn't support the
same command line options as KFax, but I doubt many people use them.

Here are some screenshots of a relatively uptodate KViewShell:

	 http://finanz.math.tu-graz.ac.at/~huss/kviewshell

The screenshots show only DVI and DjVu files, but the interface is the same
anyway. Just search and textselection does not work for fax files, obviously.

Greetings,
Wilfried.