KDE4 Patch to allow testing/execution of uninstalled kparts/XMLGUI applications

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at kossebau.de
Mon Aug 8 20:41:04 BST 2005

Am Montag, 8. August 2005 18:15, schrieb Adam Treat:
> Hello,
>
> I have a simple patch to KStandardDirs that will allow developers to test
> and run KParts/XMLGUI applications without having to install them first.
>
> What I've done is to simply look for a '.krcdirs' file in the same
> directory where the application is currently being executed.  This file is
> a simple INI file like so:
>
> [KStandardDirs]
> module = .libs
> data = .

With shell commands you have to explicitly state that you want to use the
executable of the current directory. I think this security approach should
also be taken here (think e.g. of the libs). Better add a parameter to state
the explicit wish for the usage of the local settings. Adds some little
burden, but so does "./", too. (no free lunch, isn't there ;)

Regards
Friedrich