KDE4 Patch to allow testing/execution of uninstalled kparts/XMLGUI applications

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Aug 8 19:50:10 BST 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 1:08 pm, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> This is very cool.  If I understand properly this could also extend to
> KIOSlaves, Kicker applets, and stand alone kparts inside of a debugger
> shell?
>
> Could this be backported to 3.5?  This would be a big win for KDevelop.
> Cheers
> 	-ian reinhart geiser

It'll work for any resource that is retrieved by KStandardDirs.

From the docs:

apps - Applications menu (.desktop files).
cache - Cached information (e.g. favicons, web-pages)
cgi - CGIs to run from kdehelp.
config - Configuration files.
data - Where applications store data.
exe - Executables in $prefix/bin. findExe() for a function that takes $PATH
into account.
html - HTML documentation.
icon - Icons, see KIconLoader.
lib - Libraries.
locale - Translation files for KLocale.
mime - Mime types.
module - Module (dynamically loaded library).
qtplugins - Qt plugins (dynamically loaded objects for Qt)
services - Services.
servicetypes - Service types.
scripts - Application scripting additions.
sound - Application sounds.
templates - Templates
wallpaper - Wallpapers.
tmp - Temporary files (specific for both current host and current user)
socket - UNIX Sockets (specific for both current host and current user)
emoticons - Emoticons themes (Since KDE 3.4)

And of course, it will also work for custom resources...

It is easy as hell to backport as long as it's ok with everyone.

--
I'm running a Marathon in December!
HELP ME SAVE LIVES and Donate Today!