Office/ and Utilities/ menu reorganization

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Mon Aug 8 18:18:25 BST 2005

On Monday, 8. August 2005 18:34, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 08 August 2005 18:06, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:
> > If applications are less important or immature they should not be
> > shipped by default. Just release them separately.
>
> That's not a real solution for the "less important" applications.
> Releasing together with KDE means much more than "my app is inside KDE
> by default". It also gives you some infrastructure and things you don't
> need to care about like the release management and package creation.

It would probably make release management quite a bit easier for everyone
involved if KDE would lose a substantial portion of the applications it's
currently shipping instead of keeping adding new ones. Kdeextragear is very
much the way to go there.

I can say with confidence that it would definitely make package creation
easier for those who do need to care about it.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org