Nine things KDE should learn from Mac OS X

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Aug 6 23:11:48 BST 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 19:49, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 04 August 2005 03:03, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I have written up an article about Nine things KDE should learn
> > from Mac OS X. A lot of ideas that we might want to use for KDE4.
>
> what needs to happen from here is to get the groups responsible for
> various areas to start working on specific items concertedly.
>
> i think we've got desktop/panels covered, and pim as well. we need a
> konqueror (not khtml, that's a different topic) team with vision and
> push. we have some great konqueror hackers, but there's not enough
> cohesion there right now IMHO.
>
> anyways.. take "pervasive addressbook" as an example; that's
> something i see the PIM people needing to take a lead on and
> encouraging it's adoption virus-like throughout kde.

There's already a That'sMe entry in KAddressBook
(http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/3.4-api/kabc/html/classKABC_1_1StdAddressBook.html#a1).
Sure, it's not filled on the first start of KDE. But that doesn't
explain why it seems to be ignored by so many applications (according
to what Benjamin wrote).

Regards,
Ingo