Nine things KDE should learn from Mac OS X

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Aug 5 15:17:03 BST 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 10:06, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. August 2005 20:14 schrieb Mauricio Bahamonde:
> > More eyecandy. For example, the Genie Effect when
> > minimizing a window. Things like this really makes using the computer a
> > more enjoyable experience, and users love them. The problem with this are
> > the current X Server limitations, but maybe for KDE4 the X Server will be
> > able to permit doing things like this.
>
> Only with an option to turn it *off*.

  Basically what he really means is that we need something like CoreGraphics
effects.  We have a bit of a library for doing that already but it's nothing
like what Mac OS X has.  I think the X server is our limiting factor though.
Zack can probably testify to that.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/