Using kdepim trunk from a different prefix than the rest of kde (3.4)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Aug 5 13:09:12 BST 2005

On Friday 05 August 2005 12:27, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Unfortunately none of them helped.
>
> Actually, it's not konsole which gives me the proper environment, but
> rather the different way that konsole start the application. On the
> konsole, starting "korganizer" will search the PATH for the binary named
> korganizer and execute the /usr/opt/kdepim_HEAD/bin/korganizer.
> However, Alt+F2 korganizer, or "kdeinit korganizer" (even on the konsole!)
> seems to search for the desktop file, and wrongly use the one from /usr.

It does indeed, and that's a neat feature, especially for things like yast
that automagically find a desktop that calls kdesu. Why it doesn't work for
you is another question... What's the output of the following commands from
the konsole?

# kde-config --path xdgdata-apps
# kde-config --path apps

Anything wrong there? Perhaps some compiled-in default?

--
Martijn