[RFC] "Documents Folder" icon in "system:/"

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed Aug 3 19:58:50 BST 2005

Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Le Mardi 2 Août 2005 13:26, James Richard Tyrer a écrit :

> I'm a strong believer that people starts there video by browsing their files
> first (fire up konqui, locate the file, click on it, it reads it). But I
> could be wrong on this.
>
> Btw, I'm not sure to understand your point correctly. Do you mean that if
> Documents!=Home, then the default place is Documents?

If you set "Documents!=HOME and then put user files in HOME, they aren't
in the default directory if you go to open them using the KFile dialog.

> Well, I'm not an artist I doubt that I can make something correct.

Didn't expect you to draw something, but perhaps you could come up with
an idea -- a concept.

So, I attach two concepts.  The first one: "folder_document" has the
problem that it emphasizes the strict interpretation of "document".  The
second one which I have called "folder_empty just to give it a different
name has perhaps the opposite problem, it is perhaps too general.

--
JRT