configure checks for XComposite, XFixes

Gunnar Schmi Dt gunnar at schmi-dt.de
Thu Apr 28 18:01:32 BST 2005

Hello,

On Wednesday 27 April 2005 13:51, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 06:42 am, Stefan Nikolaus wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to add thumbnail support to kicker, which is based on
> > XComposite, XFixes and XRender. For the latter there's already a test.
> > The attached patch adds checks for the remaining extensions. As I'm
> > not very familiar with the automagic stuff, could an auto-Houdini have
> > a look at it, please?
>
> AFAICT, it looks fine (but i'm not an expert). I vaguely recall reading
> something about how you should use KDE_CHECK_HEADER so that the
> --with-extra params to configure will work (i.e. paths specified there
> will be handled as well)

I am not an expert either, but for my diploma thesis I write a screen
magnifier which should be comparable to the Windows based magnifiers. As
my magnifier will be based on the composite extension, I needed to add
such a configure check to my code.

This is what I use in my configure.in.in:

compile_kompmgr=yes
KDE_CHECK_HEADERS(X11/extensions/Xdamage.h,,compile_kompmgr=no,[#include
<X11/Xlib.h>])
KDE_CHECK_HEADERS(X11/extensions/Xcomposite.h,,compile_kompmgr=no,[#include
<X11/Xlib.h>])
KDE_CHECK_HEADERS(X11/extensions/Xrender.h,,compile_kompmgr=no,[#include
<X11/Xlib.h>])
AM_CONDITIONAL(include_kompmgr, test "$compile_kompmgr" = "yes" )

Gunnar Schmi Dt
--
Co-maintainer of the KDE Accessibility Project
Maintainer of the kdeaccessibility package