Refresh bug with the setFullWidth(true) method of KListView object

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Apr 28 14:15:13 BST 2005

On Thursday 28 April 2005 13:42, Nicolas Ternisien wrote:
> Hello everybody !
>
> I'm currently developing an application for KDE, and its main widget
> is a KListView.
> When the method setFullWidth(true) is called to this object, some
> refresh bugs appears when we move the size of the before-last columns
> and last one.
>
> The bug looks like big blank squares, and disappears when an item is
> selected. (and partial disappears we we move the list scrollbar.
>
> Does I have to report this bug to Qt, or to bugs.kde.org, or is it a
> known issue ? or is it my fault ? or ... ? ;-)

KMail has a similar problem in the message composer->attachments listview (You
need to attach a file first). KMail uses some custom drawing methods though
but so far I coudn't find any obvious bug in the kmail code itself, so maybe
it's indeed a Qt problem. In kmail I only notice it when I actually select
the item and then resize, so that's a bit different.

Cheers,
Waldo