Spell Checking in KDE4 (KSpell2)

heiko.evermann at gmx.de heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Wed Apr 27 22:42:08 BST 2005

> If KDE goes with Enchant as it is now, one cannot choose a backend
> manually. Please try the latest stable AbiWord. I did and I couldn't find
> such a possibility. I could choose a language the rest did Enchant for me.
> Don please correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, that seems to be true. I have had a look at enchant.h and in fact it
does not seem to have that functionality. However it might be possible to add
it.

> Baris, Ismail, I'm not telling there is no need to select a backend. My
> idea is to add backend-auto-detect feature into KSpell2 like it is in
> Enchant, but keeping manual setup of a backend.
Sounds like a good idea. Though that in a way would mean to duplicate the
efforts of enchant just to avoid solving the GLIB-problem.

> Let's try KSpell2, look at its code and then talk. One can try it with
> kdelibs/kspell2/tests/test_dialog or best with the KWord/KPresenter from
> CVS HEAD.
In the 3_4_Branch test_dialog will not be compiled. Is there any trick that I
missed?

Concerning features from HEAD: That will take some time for me to try that, as
that means rebuilding KDE with a current HEAD.

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann