Spell Checking in KDE4 (KSpell2)

Mashrab Kuvatov kmashrab at sat.physik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Apr 27 11:06:55 BST 2005

On Tuesday 27 April 2005 06:07, Ismail Donmez wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 April 2005 21:32, Baris Metin wrote:
> > I don't share the same idea with you, there will be a need for setting a
> > backend in any way. Just for an example, I use newly added zpspell
> > (zemberek) backend while I write in Turkish and Ispell (currently) in
> > English.
>
> Well also hspell users will want to select backend too.

Baris, Ismail, I'm not telling there is no need to select a backend. My idea
is to add backend-auto-detect feature into KSpell2 like it is in Enchant, but
keeping manual setup of a backend.

If KDE goes with Enchant as it is now, one cannot choose a backend manually.
Please try the latest stable AbiWord. I did and I couldn't find such a
possibility. I could choose a language the rest did Enchant for me. Don please
correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's try KSpell2, look at its code and then talk. One can try it with
kdelibs/kspell2/tests/test_dialog or best with the KWord/KPresenter from CVS
HEAD.

Cheers,
Mashrab.

--