Spell Checking in KDE4 (KSpell2)

heiko.evermann at gmx.de heiko.evermann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 26 22:58:13 BST 2005

Hi Zack,

I have had a closer look at enchant. I installed it on my computer and ran the
test programs for it.

I think I like the approach that KDE would only have to deal with one spell
checker that does the dispatching for us. It would keep KSpell a lot simpler.

> - lack of decision on my part as to whether I'd want to be using Enchant
> in the future. I talked a little bit to Dom about this but we never
> went ahead and coded anything. But basically the requirement on my part
> is very simple and is "Enchant can't be linking to Glib when running
> from KDE apps". From what I remember it was using only the GModule and
> codecs from Glib so I guess we could write small wrapper classes like
> ETextCodec and EModule that would be implemented both with Qt/KDE and
> Glib/GNOME specific functions and the right implementation would be
> a ./configure option.
What is the problem with Glib? Isn't GLib some kind of standard library?

Kind regards,

Heiko Evermann