Spell Checking in KDE4 (KSpell2)

Dom Lachowicz cinamod at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 23 18:57:38 BST 2005

Hi Zack,

I would be open to working with you and the KDE folks on Enchant. It would
be great if both KDE and GNOME shared a common spell-checking solution. It
would also be great to have your input on Enchant's interfaces since,
to-date, Enchant has been tailored to AbiWord's and GNOME's use cases.

As I've said before, removing the Glib dependency would be fine with me -
using it was a pragmatic decision in order to get the project off the
ground. I'm willing to chip in with the work to make this happen. However,
I'm not willing to do this without some assurance that the KDE project will
actually use Enchant in the near future. Enchant "just works" now, and I'm
not looking forward to shuffling working code around without a carrot luring
me.

And, for what it's worth, Enchant has an ispell-compatible command-line
interface. I don't know if you can just plug it into KSpell, but it might be
worth looking into.

Best,
Dom