KDE4/Qt4 minimum gcc version 3.2

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sat Apr 16 02:33:25 BST 2005

Kurt V. Hindenburg wrote:
>I just noticed a reply from trolltech on the Qt4 preview ml stating that
> gcc 3.2 is the minimum version (Also stated on
>http://www.trolltech.com/products/qt/qt4-platforms.html).  Didn't I see
> a long thread a few weeks ago about KDE supporting gcc 2.95?  KDE has
> to have the same minimum gcc version Qt does, correct?

KDE 3 has gcc 2.95 as a supported platform, but we use Qt3 for it.

For KDE 4, I have proposed we drop the support for 2.95. If Qt4 goes the
same way, it only makes the point stronger: stop using 2.95 already.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

5. Swa he géanhwearf tó timbran, and hwonne he cóm, lá! Unix cwæð "Hello,
World". Ǽfre ǽghwilc wæs glæd and seo woruld wæs fréo.