KUnitTest progress

Andreas Ramm psychobrain at gmx.net
Thu Apr 14 12:17:31 BST 2005

Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've made some progress with the KUnitTest framework. It is now possible to
>store unittests in dynamically loadable modules. A runner app (with or
>without gui) is provided to load and run the modules. If the tests are built
>into modules which are stored in kdelibs/unittests, then running them is as
>simple as:
>$kunittestmod.sh --folder kdelibs/unittests
>
>There is also a new class, KUnitTest::SlotTester, which is capable of running
>any slots with type void test*().
>
>The GUI has improved a lot, but I'm not completely done.
>
>I would like to know whether or not this framework will be usable for people.

I currently use Zack's original version for a few hundred tests in
MateEdit. The changes you have made seem reasonable and on the whole it
is still easy enough to use.

A couple of things I would like to see changed though:
Use == instead of != for the actual check. This was the first change I
made in my local copy.
Group results into expected and unexpected instead of passed and failed.
I want to be able to see in one glance if something unexpected happened.
Add the possibilty to use other comparison operators such as !=, <, <=.

All in all I like the fact that this is moving forward and the direction
you are taking it.

Regards,
Andreas