[Fwd: DCOP on win32]

Jarosław Staniek js at iidea.pl
Wed Apr 13 17:16:22 BST 2005

Hello,
anybody wants to review this?

The patch:
http://www.kdelibs.com/patches/dcoppatch.zip

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: DCOP on win32
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:42:42 +0200
From: Andreas Roth <aroth at arsoft-online.com>
To: js at iidea.pl

Hi Jaroslaw,

i've finished my exams and i've also finished the dcopserver
implementation on Windows. I have a ZIP-File attach to this mail, which
contains 2 patch files (for modifications) and all other new files.

Using this modifications i got the dcopserver and the testdcop sample to
work on my computer. The dcop server is running as a standard  console
application on win32. To get this dcop server working it was necessary
to provide a custom event loop (qeventloopex.cpp/h), which provides
synchronous socket notifiers (like on unix platforms). Due to the custom
event loop each application must create the event loop before it create
the application object. The kdemain macro create the event loop and does
all further bootstrap code.