Submitting a new program

Enrico Ros eros.kde at email.it
Thu Apr 14 10:22:31 BST 2005

On Wednesday 13 April 2005 23:57, Nicolas wrote:

> My name is Nicolas Ternisien, and I'm currently developing an application
> for KDE. Its name is KSystemLog, and I'm sure that you correctly guess that
> it displays system logs.
>
> For the moment, it is able to parse Syslog files, kernel message (from the
> "dmesg" command) and X.org files. You are able to select what files you
> want KSystemLog parse, and some other options.

Hi Nicolas, I hope for the inclusion of your app in a playground module, but
maybe you can wait till the subversion move will be finalized (the end of
this week?). Btw kdeplayground-admin
(http://webcvs.kde.org/kdeplayground-admin/) seems the place you're looking
for.

About the program: please make the 'core' part (the one that reads and parses
messages/warnings) detached from the 'gui' one (main window, system tray,
fancy transparent information dialogs), so in a future vision warnings like
"eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex" or "eth0: link DOWN" or all other
system warnings can be trapped in a single place and shown to the user (or
dispatched to some apps via DCOP/DBUS).

Have fun making that program!
Ciao,
Enrico

 Sponsor:

 Digitalpix: Il metodo piĆ¹ comodo, veloce e conveniente

* per stampare le tue foto digitali migliori.

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1523&d=14-4