Fwd: trunk

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Sat Apr 9 10:51:46 BST 2005

Am Samstag 09 April 2005 11:29 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> On Saturday 09 April 2005 10:32, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > I'm wondering if to use admin as regular directory is wise here or
> > if we should either duplicate the kdeplayground- below playground/
> > (same would apply to kdeextragear then) or if use sysadmin as
> > directory name.
>
> I'm not sure if I understood the question correctly...
>
> Do you mean whether you want to use the admin/ from the normal KDE trunk in
> the playground trunk as well? If so, then I don't think that's a good idea,
> since many apps in the playground/nonbeta are developed against some stable
> KDE release, or at least should remain compilable against one.
>
> But the question wasn't all that clear, so please rephrase it first :)

I'm talking about renaming kdeplayground-admin to playground/admin, which
opens the confusion with kde-common/admin - as you nicely proved with your
mail ;)

To your other problem:
We always used HEAD admin/ in kde-extragear and kdenonbeta - that we have
the MIN_CONFIG for. But as a matter of fact, with svn it's very simple to
change the admin/ link to point to a branch checkout of kde-common/admin.
But that's up to the developers of the playground/admin/ module to discuss.

Greetings, Stephan