KNewStuff data - ftp?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Apr 7 17:00:50 BST 2005

Hi all,

Me again ;-)
In KDE-Edu we have contributed data available for people to download and we
also have KNewStuff tarballs.
At the moment, all this data is unfortunately stored in cvs in www/areas/edu.
Which is probably not the best thing to do as this data is growing fast.
(20Mb in klettres, 400K in KHangMan 1.3Mb in KStars 7.7Mb in contributions and
I am waiting for 41Mb of kvtml data :)

This data has nothing to do with www/areas/edu and people checking out this
module find this a bit heavy.

So what maybe should be done is move all that data on a kde ftp server. Maybe
have a ssh account for trusted people and a ftp blackhole for the wider
public.

What would not be convenient is to use the ftp server as follow: upload a
tarball then send a mail to ftpadmin to get it moved to the right place. This
would generate too much work as often the packages are to be updated (typo
and such). So I'd like something where I have direct access.

I ask here as there are other developers involved in having data in www.

Thanks,

Anne-Marie