[RFC] KUnitTest library

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Apr 7 12:56:40 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 April 2005 13:41, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Thursday 07 April 2005 05:47, Jeroen Wijnhout wrote:
> > For me the advantage of KUnitTest is that is integrates well with the
> > KDE build system, since I'm no automake hero, that's a real plus. I
> > couldn't get the QtRunner of CppUnit to work (even when I got it to
> > compile it crashed, while it didn't crash when it was compiled using
> > the qmake .pro file). So KUnitTest is probably very weak compared to
> > other tools, but he, it works ;-)
>
> I don't think it's weak compared to other tools, in fact I think it
> stacks rather well against them. Personally I was just never too happy
> with it. It doesn't make it bad by any means, it just makes it one of
> the billion things that I wrote and was never fully happy with :)
> I'm sure you made it substantially better and if you think you'll be
> able to maintain it, I'd say go for it (put it in kdesdk, or maybe even
> kdelibs). It would definitely make a lot of sense to have a unit
> testing library in KDE at some point.

Yes I would really like to have some unit test framework in kdelibs so that
the unit tests there can all use the same framework.

I haven't tested KUnitTest, but if the lib can be separated from the GUI,
then let's have the lib in kdelibs and the gui in kdesdk. Would be nice to have
a non-gui mode for "make check" though.