Fonts in a KDE application

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Wed Apr 6 18:06:17 BST 2005

Hi,

Ah, this is what I call a constructive and understandable answer.

> Actually "$KDEDIR/share/fonts" or as I said: "$KDEDIR/share/fonts/TTF"
> since it is a TrueType font.  IIUC, there is an variable: " appdata" in
> the AC/AM system so you can specify this as: "$appdata/fonts/TTF".

OK, thanks a lot!

> IIRC, it used to be that if you opened a directory in KFontInst that it
> would update it.  This appears to have changed.  But, that isn't your
> issue.  I was assigned Bug 65123 so I need to work on this: when KDE is
> started, it needs to trigger KFontInst to update but it needs to run
> this as both root and user.

in Konsole fonts Makefile.am there are the following lines (which I did not
notice before, my bad):
# This uses -hook instead of -local so that it is run after fonts are
installed
install-data-hook:
	-mkfontdir $(DESTDIR)$(fontdir)

what does that do exactly?
Or is James approach better? (KFontIns being updated)?

Anne-Marie