Website migration to SVN

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 13:35:43 BST 2005

On Monday 04 April 2005 13:14, Olaf Schmidt wrote:

> a) want to deal with this at a later date?

Yes. The external website mirrors shouldn't notice, as they're supposed to
rsync the website from rsync.kde.org (which is maintained by me) instead of
checking it out from CVS on their own (which is unfortunately documented
still in the web howto, and I think people still tell sysadmins that this
would be the preferred way).

> Currently I am having problems when I try to view code or get diffs on
> http://websvn.kde.org/. There is always the error message "No default
> branch" (but I am in trunk).

True.. the SVN supports seems majorly broken. I haven't found a better viewer
yet. And the implementation is quite unsafe too.. furthermore we loose those
neat cvs commit graphical branches we had all the time so far. Too bad, I
really enjoyed graphics like e.g.

http://webcvs.kde.org/kdelibs/khtml/khtml_pagecache.cpp?view=graph

--
Dirk//\