Website migration to SVN

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Apr 4 12:42:52 BST 2005

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> And don't worry about the webservers. Given that I maintain the server side of
> at least 70% of all kde.org webpages this will be the least of our problems
> with the move. There will be plenty of things to fix afterwards and changing
> a couple of docroots and adjusting the update script is a one minute job, and
> reading this whole thread took me ten times as much time.
>
> And yes, I'm working on the SVN move since quite some time already and I whine
> about it because its a buttload of work behind the back that nobody notices
> anyway. Or did you notice that http://websvn.kde.org/ went alive ?

No, I didn't. Was it announced somewhere? Browsing it is neat, just
looking for the lowest revision numbers you can spot at each location --
kciv/, last commit over 6 years ago, for instance.

Anyway, I thnk Olaf's original point was that the web-type people who hack
the php stuff and mess around with the content of the sites and squabble
about color schemes _didn't_ know that (a) Dirk was On The Job [dammit, I
can't find the right Pulp Fiction quote to compare Dirk with the Wolf] (b)
that Everything is Going to Be Allright. _That_ creates worry and fear.
Now the fear is gone, and only KDE will remain.

[ade]