Website migration to SVN

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Mon Apr 4 09:41:38 BST 2005

<zitiere wer="Stephan Kulow">
> Am Sonntag 03 April 2005 22:54 schrieb Olaf Schmidt:
>> 1. Move the content into the new SVN locations and create a symlinks
>> from
>> the old locations to the new, so that the webserver is still updating
>> correctly via the CVS gateway
>
> Good luck in writing the mirroring script then. Neither does CVS support
> symlinks nor will I write a script that follows svn moves. What we
> discussed
> back then was leaving SVN as it is in CVS, then change the web server to
> use
> SVN and _then_ move things around.
I think that's much better, too. And we don't need to move this whole
stuff at once, for example the apps/areas -> sites transition can be done
on step by step, which would not require to modify every server script at
once (or at least server for server, most stuff is on kde main server(s) I
guess, but for example koffice not, or?) opening up a new web dir and move
the stuff there piece by piece should be no problem, imho

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org