Feature Plan

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 19:27:21 BST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 04:56, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Why not?  Is there a technical reason you are refuring too?
>
> If developers marked wishes high that they wanted to work on then that
> would reflect a feature list.

the simply answer here is that this isn't how people in KDE work. what you
suggest would require a dramatic shift in workflow across the project. i find
it's often more productive to harness the current "best practices" rather
than try and herd all the cats in some new random direction =)

and to be honest, i don't see it working even if we did herd all the cats
successfully. shifting the importance of a wishlist isn't something that only
developers can do, it would means filing wishlist items for every feature
someone works on and we'd have differentiate between wishlists closed as
implemented and wishlists closed as duplicates, etc. the latter is feasable
but probably a fair amount of work to get right.

--
Aaron J. Seigo