RFC: DBUS & KDE 4

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 29 18:03:10 BST 2004

On September 29, 2004 9:40, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> b) No-one has really adopted it yet.  I think HAL uses it to a limited
> extent, and maybe gconf is maybe moving to it?  It all looks like someone
> is waiting for someone else to bite.  This didn't turn out so well with
> DCOP or arts.

i have a draft for a new systray spec that resolves the insanity of the
current one. as it stands it relies on DBUS, since it provides certain things
(e.g. Message Busses) that DCOP doesn't which are needed for something like
the systray.

so... it's coming. it's just that DBUS is so relatively new that adoption is
only beginning.

--
Aaron J. Seigo