[MAJOR BUG] g++ 2.95.x generates invalid code for KDE 3.3.0

Grzegorz Jaƛkiewicz gryzman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 19:48:36 BST 2004

Dunno if that's worth anything for you guys.
But here's quote from Phil Edwards:
(from IRC )

20:42 < pme> The bug is already fixed in 3.x.  It's not worth the volunteer
             time it would require to fix it again for 2.x.
20:43 < pme> KDE has been told many times.  Pretty much every time they try to
             complain on gcc-bugs about already-fixed things.
20:44 < pme> gregj: The 2.x source is out there.  If KDE insists on using a
             compiler that's 7 years old, they can copy the code and build it
             themselves.
20:45 < pme> No other opensource project is refusing to move to a 3.x compiler.
             Formal KDE releases happen so rarely, it's just not worth the time
             to keep kicking 2.x along just for KDE's sake.
20:45 < pme> If we had infinite numbers of developers -- or even triple what we
             have now -- it would be different, but we don't.

can't say it's official gcc devel statement, but it surely means something.

--
GJ