RFC: ExtDate in kdelibs?

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 17:10:44 BST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 19:59, Jason Harris wrote:

> I'd like to propose adding ExtDateTime to kdelibs (probably renaming
> it to KDateTime) for KDE4, and updating the date-related widgets and
> KCalendarSystems to use this new extended date class.

In the context of KOrganizer we also discussed introducing a replacement class
for QDateTime for better handling of timezones (basic idea: add a property
for specifying which timezone the time is in). I assume your ExtDateTime
doesn't address timezones at all. If we introduce a KDateTime for KDE4 would
it make sense to address both problems with the same class or are there any
drawbacks which would speak against using ExtDateTime for our purpose?